Thursday, February 20, 2014

another black and white.

Menange
Acrylic on 30"H x 40"W x 1.5" canvas
Available




The black and white painting "Limitless" that my daughter Emma asked that I do for her and Trey's home office has gotten the wheels turning on a black and white series.  This is the second one.  I have found these to be harder to paint than they appear.  It might  be since color comes so naturally for me that it feels as if I've got my hands tied when working with just black and white.  I would like to try one with color, then layer in the black and white with some color coming through.  The challenge is good. 




Here we are photographing outside using natural lighting.  With all the white in this painting this spot in the shade turned out to work the best.  Propped on top of a found object in order to keep the bottom edge from being in the sun.  Fancy photographing equipment. I then had to up the exposure in editing to get it to as close as possible to real thing, which is lighter than this.

This painting can be purchased from my Web Gallery or by contacting me: elizabethchapman@artlover.com


Elizabeth Chapman
Contemporary Abstract Artist

1 comment:

Donna said...

I Love the black and white paintings Elizabeth!