Thursday, January 16, 2014

Day SIXTEEN "Father Daughter"


Father Daughter

Acrylic on 12"H x 7"W heavy watercolor paper
Ready to frame

Available from my Web Gallery: HERE



I absolutely fell in LOVE with this photograph the moment I first saw it. This painting is from a photograph of my son and his daughter. It was taken by my daughter, Elsie of A Beautiful Mess. I am not able to show you the photograph I worked from as I was not able to find it again on their post. l was able to find it on Instagram, which I discovered will be another great source for photo inspirations!

As a mother, the photograph spoke to me at so many levels.  We have spent a lot of time together in helping to raise this precious little girl.  They are both wearing the same colors here, which speaks to me about how much alike personality wise they are.  I have watched my son over the last four years grow into being such a loving dad. One who will get down to this little girls level to talk and play, as they are building a father and daughter relationship. I also loved all the light as they have always had a family with much love to give surrounding them.

"Any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad." Anne Geddes 

Elizabeth Chapman
Contemporary Abstract Artist