Monday, July 1, 2013

fondness...



Ardor

Mixed media on 20"W x 22"H 156lb. Arches watercolor paper
Ready to frame

SOLD

Available for purchase from my Web Gallery: HERE



The title that was chosen for this painting by my husband, is close to my heart.  Unknowingly, he had been working on it while I was busy creating. When he defined it for me, as a strong fondness...i thought 'it's absolutely perfect' , as if he had known what I was thinking about while painting, but knew he couldn't have.

This time, a creative block was broken by returning to my first love and reason for painting/creating.  I had been procrastinating, much, much.  I was gently reminded that i have been given a gift and it is time to get back to work. Faith is worked out in action. My part is to do the work and to trust God for the rest.

I was also reminded of a verse that I have stuck on my bulletin board, pinned there back in 2008 when I began this new path.  It reads, "Do not despise these small beginnings, for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin, to see the plumb line in Zerubabel's hand." Zechariah 4:10  


Returning to the studio to paint this time was more of an act of obedience.  Not really because I wanted to, but because I needed to. This painting is a visual expression of the closeness that I felt in connecting and being a part of His creative process. God is love. It truly is a gift of which I am very thankful for.

The beauty is not always in the end product, but in the process as well.

Ardor...the perfect title for expressions of His love.

Pure joy!


A full portfolio of my abstract paintings can be seen on my Web Gallery.

For questions or more information please don't hesitate to email me: elizabethchapman@artlover.com



Elizabeth Chapman
Contemporary Abstract Artist

1 comment:

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

Indeed! Beautifully put, and beautifully illustrated, what a great piece. I've got to cut back on the custom work I'm doing in order to reconnect with my own inner unctions to create, it's been a struggle here too!