Friday, October 5, 2018

Stream Valley


Stream Valley
Acrylic on 36 x 48 x 1.5 inch

Commission

SOLD





On the wall at Mostly Serious...Springfield, Mo.


Painting continues around the sides.


A surprise project to the staff of Mostly Serious moving from downtown Springfield, Mo into their new office spaces in the Galloway area. I was free to create an abstract painting with the only stipulation being that it be my interpretation of Galloway. I spent some time in the area, took a few pics and began tossing ideas around in my head as to how I would approach this painting. Often, when I do a commission I feel as if the painting is completed long before I begin painting as I have already painted it over and over in my head. Here I couldn't decide to go with the new construction or the softer natural organic almost Monet type feeling I was getting from a neighboring park. It finally came to me that I could combine both. Duh. I'm an abstract painter! But how? Well...this is it!!! "Stream Valley" I feel SO honored as a local artist to have been asked to create on of their first pieces. THANK YOU!! 

To see more of my work please visit my website: elizabethchapmanartwork or by clicking: HERE









No comments: