Sunday, October 30, 2016

layer by layer


Super Moon
Acrylic on 30" x 40" canvas

SOLD

Update: "Super Moon" sold and will be hung and paired alongside a fireplace as verticals with another painting of mine "Simple Things".  This is why I've taken to initialing my paintings on the side rather than the front as it offers more flexibility in how they are displayed.

Please visit my website to see more of my original abstract paintings, here.

Contact me for purchasing or for more information: elizabethchapman@artlover.com

Layering, layering and layering was what I did with this one.  I took pictures as I painted beginning with the first marks up to the finished work.  Usually, it doesn't work out for me to do that because I will become so focused on painting that I will forget to take the photographs. This time, though, I knew that I wanted to use them for a local workshop that I would be teaching at. Basically, I just wanted everyone to be able to see how much a painting can change and that it is ok. The title came as I happened to glance up at it one day and saw a moon. See it?!  Hopefully, that doesn't ruin it for anyone as it's not really about a moon, but about arranging and creating a beautiful space.

MY WEBSITE

Elizabeth Chapman
Modern Abstract Artist 

No comments: