Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Modern Expressionistic Abstract Painting "Matza" by Elizabeth Chapman


Matza
Acrylic on 8" x 8" canvas

ORIGINAL 2016

Available from my Etsy store: HERE


Another one and oh there's more! This one has a high horizontal landscapish compositional feel to it. If your an abstract artist composition is everything. It would probably be much easier if I chose a composition before I began.  But, typically I don't.  I just begin, with that beginning leading to the next idea and so on I go until I feel it's complete.  I'm going with the flow of the painting, but at the same time I am always thinking about how to pull a painting off compositionally.  Most of the time it works. Now and again there is a struggle that occurs with a painting. Nine times out of 10 it's not working because there is a design problem. So, that's when I go back to those composition rules/guidelines to figure out how to make it work.  Yes, that's right...it would be much easier to begin with them! The beauty of this small abstract is all the layering that occurred as I was finding my way to a design.

To see more of my colorful abstract paintings visit my website: HERE


Elizabeth Chapman
Contemporary Abstract Artist

No comments: