Friday, December 5, 2014

Enigma Modern Expressionistic Abstract Painting By Elizabeth Chapman


Enigma
Acrylic on 36" x 36" x 1.5" wrap canvas

SOLD

To see more of my AVAILABLE modern expressionistics abstracts visit my website: HERE

For further information email me: elizabethchapmanart@gmail.com


The story behind this one is interesting.  A simple line design with charcoal was the first step. Then the pouring of liquid acrylic paints on the canvas as you can see with the runs. A layering process of pouring white and blending with a brush occurred next. All of this was to be the undercoat. In the center I worked with heavy body acrylic paints and a palette knife. I left the painting like this with the intention of continuing the palette knife process later.  The next day when I walked into the studio to work, it took my breath away. I really, really liked it as it is and decided to leave it alone for a bit. Well, with the confirmation of several family members loving it as well, I decided to call it finished.

This isn't a bad picture of it at all, but in real it just seems to glow. The contrast between the two textures created by the liquid acrylics and the heavy body acrylics is BEAUTIFUL.  When do you decide a painting is finished? What do you think?

This one has been listed in my website and is available for purchase from me: HERE
Also, the zoom feature on my website can be used to view a close up.

I hope you will visit my website to see a portfolio of all my current abstract paintings.

Elizabeth Chapman
Contemporary Abstract Artist