Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Red Abstract Painting "Ascend" Original Art by Contemporary Artist Elizabeth Chapman


Ascend
Acrylic on 24"W x 30"H x 1.5" wrap canvas

SOLD


For the longest time red was a favorite color of mine.  At one time the majority of my paintings were in the red warm color palette.  Recently, as I was viewing my portfolio it dawned on me that the majority of my paintings are now mostly in the blue range.  How did that happened?  Well, I believe it began last winter and I just simply kept painting in a cooler palette.  Seems like blue is the new favorite.  As I was picking out a new background color for my blog, guess what color stood out. Yep, blue. I'm working on fitting more of the reds back in.  That was the inspiration for this painting!

To purchase or view a collection of my abstract paintings, please visit my web gallery by clicking: HERE

or email me: elizabethchapman@artlover.com


Elizabeth Chapman
Contemporary Abstract Artist


2 comments:

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

Warm or cool they are always beautiful!

Elizabeth Chapman said...

much thanks to you, Bren!