Monday, June 16, 2014

Aureate


Aureate
Acrylic 17" x 14" on heavy paper

SOLD


Although this painting was completed awhile back, I am just realizing that I have never blog posted it.   It is a painting that completely changed it's course in order to bring it to that point of….done,done.  I can't remember now exactly what it was, nor did I photograph.  I believe that it was an attempt at a floral painting with lots of pinks, purple and bright colors.  Just wasn't working and so I began covering it with neutral colors, allowing some of the pink to show through, adding the burnt oranges and embellishing with golds.  I guess you could say this paintings story is…."If all else fails, try, try again"!

Full portfolio of available works can be seen in my website by clicking, HERE

Elizabeth Chapman
Contemporary Abstract Artist