Wednesday, December 18, 2013

BLACK AND WHITE ABSTRACT


Amalgama
Acrylic on 30" x 48" x 1.5" wrap canvas
ORIGINAL 2013
SOLD


Sometimes a painting will come together so quickly that it feels as if it was just to easy.  "This just can't be, it was too easy, it just isn't fair, better keep working on it, it's suppose to have a certain amount of time put it into"  Just some of the thoughts that will occur to me.  Amalgama was one of these paintings. To me, it is one of my most expressionistic abstracts.  My objective here was to work with a very limited color palette.  It was going to be just a black and white painting, but as you can see...I can't do that! With that in mind I got up one morning, put the music on and painted to the flow. Later I went in and work a few details with the vertical lines.  Lesson to be learned here....knowing when to stop. 

More 2013 abstracts available: HERE

Elizabeth Chapman
Contemporary Abstract Artist

4 comments:

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

This is beautiful!

Elizabeth Chapman said...

Just posted this one and commented on your site as I received your comment...we must have just crossed paths! Funny. Thank you!!

Unknown said...

love the flow of this painting :)

Elizabeth Chapman said...

thank you, Linda.