Wednesday, July 3, 2013

from the Ozarks....


Verdure

Mixed media  on 10.5"H  x 8.5"W  heavy watercolor paper
Framing required

An abstract landscape that I believe is a reflection of the wet and cool summer we have been having here in the Ozarks.  I am imagining the purple to be a native Missourian perennial herb that seems to be growing everywhere.  They are beautiful!!

This small abstract was begun on Arches 156lb. acid free watercolor paper, cut from a huge roll that I purchased earlier this year.  Appears there will be many more paper paintings to come! I seemed to have developed a technique on the paper that begins with watercolors on wet, wet paper.  Once dry, I will layer with more watercolors and then at some point, acrylics begin to be mixed in...  Lastly, I accented with dry pastels in the upper half creating more details and depth.

Once this little jewel is matted and framed it is going to be like looking through a window into a picturesque country side.  ....and then, when it is hanging on the wall, it will make the perfect escape!!

To purchase "Verdue" or to see more of my abstract paintings, click HERE

once there, paintings can be purchased using the PayPal buttons.

Or, email me: elizabethchapman@artlover.com

Enjoy!

Elizabeth Chapman
Contemporary Abstract Artist



No comments: