Saturday, May 18, 2013

a new approach....

Rococo

Acrylic on 24" x 36" x 1.5" wrap canvas

May be purchased from my web gallery: HERE

or by contacting me: elizabethchapman@artlover.com

SOLD




Incredibly busy week!  Spring has finally made it into the Ozarks and we have had So MUCH we've been waiting -for what seemed like forever -to get done outside.  The garden is nearly all planted..yay...bring on the rain!  We nearly just gave up on putting one in this year, with the late, late frost, snow the beginning of May, a weekend of rain that had pounded down on our newly plowed plot. There were plants started in the house that we just weren't able to get out and we were afraid to lose them.  Anyway, we got out with a hoe this week, broke the soil up and planted...varieties of green peppers, tomatoes, squashes, cucumbers, green beans and corn.

What has all this got to do with painting....well there's been no time to put the brushes to the canvas.  It's ok though, it has been SO wonderful playing outdoors after a long winter.  I can only see this as the beginning of a new busy season...as we also have a wedding in June!! Our daughter Emma and Trey George will be exchanging wedding vows on June 8th!!!  Many other activities lined up for June as well.

I  have gotten caught up in much, but also realize that I do need to continue to work. Just needing to formulate a new strategy.  I think I'll call it "layers of summer".  Sounds like a series. mmm..cool.  Anyway, watercolors can be a good medium for this as they require drying time in-between the layering of color washes and I can run off to do other things.   I began one this morning that I have already been coming back to,  adding on and still working intuively.  Also, got a white canvas out to begin a new acrylic painting using this same approach and working on several at a time.  We'll see...

Oh...and I had a birthday this week!!


A collection of my abstract paintings can be seen in my web gallery: HERE!


Elizabeth Chapman
Contemporary Abstract Artist

No comments: