Saturday, April 20, 2013

happiness is a .....


'Red Poppy'
Acrylic on 12" x 12" heavy (140lb) watercolor paper
Ready to frame
$75.00

May be purchased through PayPal: HERE

or by contacting me: elizabethchapman@artlover.com


Happy....

My desire was to paint some more heart paintings in an effort to build on my "heart series" inventory. "Crazy Love" was recently sold and shipped to Finland as a wedding present. (thank you!) But, with each attempt there was a different flow that continued to occur. However way, several very good paintings came from this initial inspiration..."Red Poppy" being one.  I was beginning each painting with the plan for a heart and finishing with an abstract.  With this one, in the end I saw a play with flowers in which the red circular area was a red poppy...thus the title. It would fit in nicely in my floral abstract category.  The hearts would have to wait for another day!

I love the colors!!

Hope they have brought a smile to your face! ....

Spring is here!

have a wonderful weekend.. elizabeth



For more smiles please visit my Web Gallery: HERE


Elizabeth Chapman
Contemporary Abstract Artist






No comments: