Sunday, August 19, 2012

"Deep"
Acrylic on 24" x 36" x 1.5" canvas

SOLD

This painting came to mind this morning as I was thinking about the emotions I was having at the time that it was painted.  It was basically about a situation that seemed so hopeless that I knew the only hope there was, was in God. And so, this painting was a prayer a calling out to God, in which He answered by bringing goodness forth. The title came from Psalm 42:7, "I hear the tumult of the raging seas as your waves and tides sweep over me."  God is love and He is good.


Sometimes the best time to paint will be when we feel least like it. This cannot only be therapeutic, but there is a sincerity and authenticity to it.  It is interesting to me that without knowing the outcome of this work, I had chosen blue to work with.  Acquiring and refining technique is most definitely an important part of creating, but without the driving force of emotions our artwork just will not speak.


No comments: