Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Prelude, Contemporary Abstract Painting, Original Art by Missouri Artist Elizabeth Chapman

'Prelude'

Acrylic on 35" x 60" x 1.5" canvas

For more information or purchasing contact me:
elizabethchapman@artlover.com

SOLD




Reds! .... and LARGE!  I began this abstract by first determining my lights and darks...contrast.  It was a slow process of pondering, then adding one thought after another until I got to that moment.  I knew it was  time to take the risk... who's going to win this battle?!  So, on went the gloves and out came the rags and I tore into it by dropping the red on the left side, reworking some of the greens,  the whites on the bottom where pulled with my hands, brushes were used for detailing and there you have it...ta-da!  "Prelude"

To see more of my contemporary abstracts please visit my website: here

Elizabeth Chapman
Contemporary Abstract Painting

No comments: