Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Inner Child, Modern Art, Contemporary Abstract Painting by Missouri Artist Elizabeth Chapman

Inner Child

Acrylic on 30" x 40" x 1.5" canvas
SOLD



" All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up."
Pablo Picasso

Inner Child, one of my favorite paintings, has recently sold to Brunswick LLC, a corporate business in Dallas, Texas.  I feel so very honored that they have chosen to use this painting as a focal point in their newly opened office.  The image was also used as the banner center on the Daily Abstract Painters blog.

This painting was going in a totally different direction and one in which I was struggling.  At a certain point, I let go of my expectations and went with the flow of the painting.  It is special to me because this moment is where I first learned of being in the sweet spot.  This is a place where the self critic within is no longer in control and you are trusting your own instincts, much like a child.   The music was playing and I danced as the final touches in pink where being smacked on when my husband walked into my studio.  Startled, I jumped....as I was in another world!



www.melizabethchapman.artspan.com

2 comments:

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

Congratulations, so many people will get to see and enjoy this very special piece.

Jaker Harwell said...

This is a good post on abstract art. This post gives truly quality information. I’m definitely going to look into it. Really very useful tips are provided here.