Monday, August 1, 2011

Orchestrate, Contemporary Expressionistic Abstract Painting, Original Art, Elizabeth Chapman

"Orchestrate"
Acrylic on 24" x 36" x 1.5" canvas

To make an offer contact: Elizabeth





Green. Lately. it seems I've been in the mood to go through much of my paintings and paint over some of them.  A way of clearing out older paintings in order to make room for new ones and it's recycling.  Also, a sort of starting anew...a fresh start...a new chapter.  This painting "Orchestrate" was the first one of those to be gessoed over.  I was thinking this morning as I was gessoing over another one...that maybe I've started this also because it helps me believe in second chances.

If your interested in this painting and would like it...email me a reasonable offer.  The beauty about this work is that you get two paintings for the price of one!  I have kept the title the same.

1 comment:

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

It's a beautiful piece. The harmonies between the greens give it such a peaceful feeling. Loved your post on second chance art, do you suppose some art pieces are just stepping stones to the new that will be added later?