Monday, July 18, 2011

Rhapsody, Contemporary Expressionism, Modern Art, Original, Abstract Painting, Elizabeth Chapman

'Rhapsody'

Acrylic on 36" x 36" x 1.5" canvas
To purchase contact me: Elizabeth

SOLD





a rhapsody....is the direction that this painting took!  It actually began in a totally different note with a much quieter softer tone.  There were several stages were it appeared finished, but yet it seemed to continue to challenge me.  So on I went... into a full explosion of color and movement and  I love it!!  Seems to be playing it's own symphony.

 My husband who often helps with the titles of the paintings will ask me what I was thinking while I was painting.  Well, I am  often thinking of food!!  kinda a funny thing as I was contacted to be a guest blogger on this exact topic...check out this mother/daughter collaboration of food and art on the Art Epicurean's blog, click here.

I titled this painting!...as the hubby was disappointed with the turn this one took and already had a title picked out..."Gold Dust"  I believe this one went just exactly as it was suppose to and the one that is to be will happen in it's time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes! a beautiful Rhapsody it is! I love this Elizabeth. I felt my whole spirit being uplifted as I gazed upon this gem.