Wednesday, May 12, 2010

"In the Sun"... Modern Contemporary Brightly Colored Original Mixed Media Abstract Painting by Elizabeth Chapman

In the Sun
Mixed Media on 9" x 12" 140lb. paper
Available from my web gallery
or contact: Elizabeth

I've always enjoyed painting with watercolors.  It began when I was in high school taking private lessons from an artist that lived in our town.  She taught me how to work transparently, building layers and either working from still lives she set up or photographs.  And so... I've mostly always worked realistically with the watercolors and have a tendency to revert back to realism when I get them out.   Lately,   though I've been transferring much of my abstract acrylic techniques to the watercolors, mixing gouache and acrylic in... and just having a lot of fun!!!

For the Lord God is our sun and our shield.  

No comments: