Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"Merge".... Modern Contemporary Abstract Painting by Elizabeth Chapman

Merge


SOLD

Acrylic on 36" x 48" gallery wrap canvas
For more information contact: Elizabeth

I will be taking many of my large abstract paintings to Hawthorn Galleries tomorrow in preparation for the May show, "Studio Madness".   This one is among those that will be going.  It is truly a beautiful painting done entirely by merging colors with a palette knife.  I was inspired from a view I saw of a town in Greece with white houses trimmed in blue contrasted against the blue sky and the water below like jewels sparkling with blues and greens.  I don't feel as if I have been able to photograph this painting giving it the justice it deserves (the best I could do) and there is something definitely lost through the reduction in size.  If interested you may contact me or Kylee at Hawthorn's.

No comments: