Saturday, June 20, 2009

Beautiful


Beautiful

Contemporary Modern
Watercolor on 8" x 8" 300 lb. paper

I didn't realize until just now that I posted another one on my dailypaintersabstract blog that is titled "Bright and Beautiful. (here it is) Emma, I hope you see this one!

This is one of those where I see so much beauty and perfection of design in nature. I really didn't have to try to plan out a good composition, it was all there. I simply zoomed in and cropped this area of the flower, which emphasizes so eloquently the beautiful God given design of this flower. This one is being matted and framed (white matt/black frame) and will be available for purchase at Hawthorn's Galllery. Contact Kylee 417-866-6688 if interested.

I am presently working on a series of small abstract paintings 7" x 7" and 8" x 8" some have already been posted and I will post more of them as they develop. These are acrylic on 300lb watercolor paper (very heavy paper)
and can be framed with out matting or glass. A ready made frame could be used or I they could be custom framed at a very reasonable price. I just took one in last week to my framer and found that they look really sharp this way. I'm excited about these because they can be sold at a more affordable price range to many of those who have expressed an interest in my work and they also would look really good as a grouping. Pairs, groups of three, fours, fives..... etc. as long as the framing and size is kept consistent.

and lastly.... I would kind of like to take a little survey. Just wondering if it's bothersome to any of you that I flip back and forth between posting realistics and abstracts. I usually post as I complete the paintings. I'm versatile in that sometimes I am working abstractly and sometimes realistically. I'm growing to accept this about myself but it might be confusing to others. So I have thought about maybe starting another blog linked to this one for just the realistics and keeping them separarted from the abstracts. any idea's out there? change or leave it? tell me what you think either by comment or e-mail. elizabethchapman@artlover.com
Have a great weekend!

Daily Painters Abstract Elizabeth Chapman

2 comments:

Pam M said...

I am happy to see all your beautiful work in the one blog, you are so veratile, wish I didn't live in Australia & was close enough to attend your shows

elizabeh said...

thanks again Pam- I appreciate the feedback- I have a cousin that lives in Australia.